Saturday, July 19, 2014

Paleo Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup

Delicious, Paleo, Blueberry Pancakes =)

Paleo Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup
Ingredients:
2 Bananas
3 Eggs
3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup Blueberries
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Pinch Salt
Some Coconut Oil/Grass Fed Butter to grease the skillet
Some Maple Syrup to taste
My set-up. Ready to blueberry pancake it up!
Instructions:
1. Puree the bananas in a food processor.
Bananas. 
The same bananas ;).
2. Add the eggs to the mix and blend/process some more.
Mmm...eggs.
The mix after step 2, with eggs and bananas.
3. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and coconut flour. Mix one last time.
I was so hungry I almost wanted to eat the batter. Which, after this step, is good to go.
4. Set up your cooking station. Mine involved a skillet heated to medium heat, a plate placed in the oven set to warm (a nifty trick I always use when making pancakes), and a tablespoon to measure out my pancakes.
The set up ready to get cookin'.
Soon to be piled high with blueberry pancakes =). They won't last long.
5. I experimented with putting small amounts of coconut oil on the skillet before dropping about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. As soon as I saw a bubble, or sometimes even a little bit sooner, I would load up the pancake with blueberries and shortly afterwards flip it. Cooking pancakes is an art...I'm not always that great at it; Nonetheless they always come out delicious.
Crap. This is what happened when I tried to cook three at once. Oops ;).
3 tablespoons of batter.
Ready for blueberries (see that tiny bubble on the left?).
So...much...goodness!
6. Add maple syrup and enjoy!
Ready for maple syrup. This plate lasted me about 5 minutes. If that.
Update: I made another batch of pancakes this morning, this time using Almond Flour. It was just as delicious as before. I did end up adding an additional tablespoon or two of the Almond Flour to thicken them up a little bit. Here are some pictures =).
Almond Flour this time around.
The first almond flour pancake. A little heavy on the butter and I did end up adding a tad more almond flour to my mix to thicken them up. That said, this pancake was still scrumptious.
I did two at once! Leveling up =).
The end result of the Almond Flour Blueberry Pancakes. Yum!

I want to hear from you with any Comments/Questions/Suggestions! Feel free to comment here, on twitter @SimplePaleoCook, on Facebook (simplepaleocook@gmail.com), or by email. Whatever works!

With love and blueberries,
Perry, The Simple Paleo Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Suggestions? Comments? I want to hear from you!